No interview this week – instead Graycen, Alison, and Amanda all share some Thanksgiving-themed stories that they enjoyed this year! They talk about turkey snoods, child-eating birds, sweet potatoes, and more. Happy Thanksgiving! Listen here or subscribe on iTunes!
Boy oh boy do we have a list of Thanksgiving links for you:
- In Soviet Neanderthal Times, bird eats you.
- A soothing follow-up about how not to get eaten (or otherwise harmed) by a bird.
Bonus (that we didn’t discuss): Gay penguins go above and beyond on egg care.
- The harvest is saved by robots!
- Archaeologists are arguing about sweet potatoes.
Bonus (that we didn’t discuss): Why we might not be able to make mashed potatoes on Mars.
Amanda’s stories, complete with much more extensive bibliographies:
- Chicken shots replace knee surgery… and become a skincare trend.
- First paper to extract hyaluronic acid from “cock’s comb”:
- Political divide shortens family holiday visits