This week Graycen and Alison talk about some science stories from the last two weeks, including: a space salvation, a Portuguese plant, a sea surprise, and a religious riddle.
Our first space rescue!
• Article: Eric Berger, Ars Technica
• News release: Northrup Grumman
• Article: Isaac Schultz, Atlas Obscura
• Paper: Nabais et al., Science Advances
Sea clam 😦
• Article: Claire Lampen, The Cut
• Article: Brigit Katz Smithsonian Mag
• Research paper: Jennah E. Dharamshi et al., Current Biology
Do big gods like big cities, or do big cities like big gods?
• Article: Harvey Whitehouse, Patrick E. Savage, Peter Turchin, and Pieter Francois, The Conversation
• Seshat (the database)
• Paper: Whitehouse et al., Nature