Graycen and Alison talk about plagues of locusts, frogs, and flies (well, beetles). They also talk about how we describe bodies in literature, and biologists’ problem with Microsoft Excel.
Plague of locusts
- Article: Leslie B. Vosshall, Nature News & Views
- Research paper: Xiaojiao Guo et al., Nature
Gendered descriptions in literature – and there’s a game!!
- Article: Erin Davis & Liana Sposto, The Pudding
Plague of frogs/ plague of flies (beetles)
- Article: Katherine J. Wu, New York Times
- Research paper: Shinji Sugiura, Current Biology
Biologists vs Excel (via FOTP Adrian Ramirez)